Sassy Cass over at Sassy and the Boys tagged me in her meme the other day, so I thought it might be fun to share a few little unknown trivia facts about me.
Ten cool (or not cool--take your pick) hidden secrets of msprimadonna67:
1. When I was a little girl, my mom thought it would get me in good with the 'in-crowd' to make me take both accordion lessons and baton twirling lessons. Who knew that these skill sets would have limited application in my adult life.
2. I have two brothers and two sisters. I desperately wanted our family to be The Brady Bunch when we were growing up.
3. Even though I'm an English teacher and I love to read, I'm not a particularly fast reader. I'm a good reader, just not a fast one.
4. I'm obsessive about taking pictures. I never go anywhere without my camera, and I upload my pictures onto three different computers (desktop, laptop, and even some to my work computer), just to make sure that if one crashes I don't lose them all.
5. I find my children utterly fascinating and adorable. And I love that they still love for me to join them on their school field trips--I wouldn't want to miss out on some of those experiences we've been able to share together, and it gives us some really unique one-on-one mama/kid time.
6. My husband and I got married two years ago, twenty-two years after we dated each other in high school. I thought he was hot then, and I think he's gotten even better looking over the years.
7. I love my job, and have been at my school for nineteen years. I'd love to retire from this same school. As long as they never give me sophomores, I think it might work out that way.
8. It is one of my goals to become a published author, even if it's something just local.
9. When we are retired, Doug and I want to buy an RV and travel the country. We also hope to travel the world, but sooner, and not in an RV.
10. I would love to make our family of five a family of six, especially after seeing what an amazing step-dad Doug is to my kids. It seems, though, that time is likely not working in our favor. I am incredibly blessed to have my babies without a doubt, and I feel selfish sometimes wishing for another, knowing that there are some who are still waiting for a baby to come into their lives.
I'd like to tag the following people, because I'd love to know a little more about you:
Always Home and Uncool
Also, in honor of the fact that one of my good friends recently gave me the 'constructive criticism' that my writing isn't really about anything and that 'no one is really going to want to read anything I write unless I get angry and really go on a rant,' I've decided to make myself feel better and indulge in a little positive feedback that has come my way in the form of blog awards. (By the way, I'm not really a 'rant' sort of a person, so if that's what you're looking for, you'll not likely find it here. I'm a pretty positive person, and I like to focus on the things that are more productive for me than negativity.)
The first award is the Love Your Blog award, from Hit 40 at sanewithoutdrugs. I, of course, love Hit 40's blog, too, so I think you should check it out. This one just sends love, but there are no tags or pass-it-ons. If you are listed below for the Sisterhood Award, then obviously I love your blog, too, so feel free to take this one as well.