Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Little Bit About Me

March 31, 2009

I borrowed these Finish the Sentence statements from a friend, and I thought I'd share them here:


1. My ex.......is a good dad and a good person. He just wasn't a good husband for me.

2. I believe.....in the basic good nature of people. I believe it's important to find a partner who makes you laugh every single day. I believe a kindred spirit transcends time and geography. I believe it's important to teach kids to do good for others even when there's no pay-off except knowing you've done what's right. I believe we cannot control the behaviors of others, but we can control the way in which we choose to respond. I believe in second chances.

3. I love...... my children, my husband, my job (most days), and all of my extended family. For those of you who have read my description of who all I consider my 'family,' you know that probably means you, too.

4. People would say that I'm…… easy-going, diplomatic, verbose, and (at times) funny.

5. I don't understand why people think I am……..outgoing. I still see myself as a very quiet and shy individual who has trouble breaking the ice in unfamiliar situations.

6. When I wake up in the morning.......I hit the snooze button a couple of times before I get up and check out the morning news.

7. I've lost......both of my parents and my brother. That makes me the oldest of my immediate family, which is strange, I think, at my age.

8. Life is full of......people just like me, sometimes on unstable footing, not sure of the next step. Sometimes it's important to remember that no one has all the right answers all the time.

9. My past is........ how I became who I am today. It is filled with people and events who have made an indelible imprint, and I am grateful. I don't believe in living in the past, but I do believe that one has to acknowledge its part in the journey.

10. I get annoyed when people....are too close-minded to listen to others' perspectives.

11. Parties are.....all about a theme (Brianna) or LaserQuest (Nicholas and Danielle). Unless of course, it's a party hosted by Dennis and Val, and then that's something altogether different.

2. I wish.......to live a long, healthy, happy life, surrounded by my equally healthy and happy family.

13. Dogs.........I miss having dogs. We always had them growing up, and someday I'd like to have one join the family again.

14. Cats..........I never thought I was much of a cat person until we met Kelly. Don't tell her this, but I believe she's a cat with the soul of a dog.

15. Tomorrow........is a chance for a new opportunity.

16. I have low tolerance for.........people who are mean. It's just not necessary to go out of one's way to make someone else feel small.

17. If I had a million dollars......there would be charitable contributions involved, but there would also be some vacations as well.

18. I'm totally terrified......that some illness or injury would befall one of my children.

19. My spouse......is a person with whom I can be the best me that I am.

20. The coolest person I've ever met is.......my Great Grandma Martin. She was way ahead of her time. The coolest famous person I've ever met was Bob Hope--got to shake hands with him and everything. Talk about an icon!

My life.......is an adventure, and I am looking forward to whatever's around the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment