Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just One of the Perks of the Job

February 8, 2011
One of the perks of my job is that my students sometimes accidentally amuse me with the funny things they don't mean to say. Suffice it to say, some of the kids are still working toward establishing a command of the English language.

Recent examples:

--I can join the military as a commissioned officer in the marine corpse.

--I have the most heart on the team. I could have a heart-off with anyone.

--Winston Smith felt his privacy was being evaded.

--The four horsemen of the apocalypse were Death, Famine, Petulance, and War.

--How many people successed after that?

--I was exampling it. (Meaning: I was using it as an example.)

--Without the wheel, we would never get anywhere and would not be able to haul large and heaving things without putting major stress on our body.

--I have made a vowel never to move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment