Wednesday, February 15, 2012

He's Mine, I'm His

February 15, 2012

For Valentine's Day, Doug had flowers delivered to me at work. I love that he wanted all my kids to see me getting my flowers--they all thought he was so sweet (and of course, I agree!) He even had them be sure to deliver flowers that didn't mix together red and pink, since he knows I can't stand those two colors together. (I can't explain it; it's just one of those little things that bugs me, and he's thoughtful enough to remember that when ordering flowers.) He also had a cookie bouquet sent to me at work--big, beautiful Valentine's cookies. While the kids thought it was sweet that he sent flowers that we could all enjoy in the classroom, they thought it a little inconsiderate that he didn't send enough cookies for all of them to share. : )

My cookie bouquet:


My gorgeous flowers:
The card attached to the flowers:
I happened to be at a conference just before Valentine's Day, and the guest speaker was Alice Sebold, author of The Lovely Bones. I had decided that I was going to surprise Doug and get her to sign a copy of the book for him, because he loved the book. When my turn came for her to sign, I said, "You know, I promised my husband I'd tell you this if I got the chance to talk to you. He said that your book was quite possibly the best book he'd ever read, and he's quite a voracious reader. He doesn't know it yet, but I'm getting him this copy autographed by you as a Valentine's Day present." She asked his name, and then proceeded to sign the book. I absolutely love the inscription she wrote! I couldn't wait to have him open his present--he loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment