Monday, April 8, 2013

Putting the Cart Before the Horse

April 8, 2013

My kids have a research paper due on Monday, and I gave them some time to do research in the library last week. One of my kids was looking somewhat unproductive, so I stopped by to check in with him.

Student: I'm not working right now because I'm already done.
Me: You've written your paper on Literature in the Renaissance period a week ahead of time? That's impressive! What sources did you use?
Student: That's the only part I haven't done yet. I wrote my paper already, and all I have left to do is find some resources and put 'em in.
Me: You 'already wrote' your 4 page research paper, but you haven't done any research yet? What the heck did you write? "I assume there were books? They probably printed them on paper?"

Oh geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment