Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Today, I am Tired

October 16, 2013

Oh, my head hurts....  One of my kids told me today that I treat them like babies because I tell them what to read, instead of always letting them choose.  I asked him what he'd rather me do, and he said he'd like to just have autonomy to read whatever he wants and just do little book summaries.  In the real world and in college, he says, they get to choose everything for themselves.  So I told him when he gets to college and lets his Poly Sci teacher and his English 1A and his Communications teacher know that he'll be picking out all of his own reading material for himself, to let me know.  I hope that works out for him.  And when he's working a job, I hope he lets his boss know that he wants to pick and choose which manuals and policies and emails he's going to read, so that Bossman doesn't hold him responsible for any of the ones he opts out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment