Sunday, February 6, 2022

The Adventure Beast Rolls Again

February 6, 2022

This weekend, after visiting Nicholas, I continued up the coast to meet up with my sister and my youngest daughter in San Simeon.  We checked into the campsite (where we did 'van camping' instead of tent camping--an acceptable facsimile of camping for this bug-averse girl), and then headed into Cambria where we checked out the incredibly cool and strange Nitt Witt Ridge, pictured below. We ventured out to the ocean afterward to catch a beautiful sunset.  The next day we got up and hiked along Moonstone Drive, making sure we got our feet wet now and again along the way.  (Truth be told, I got more than just my feet wet, because I wanted to get a photo of me getting splashed by the incoming waves.) I was very impressed with how well the Adventure Beast stood up to the journey, and am looking forward to many more in our future.  It was a successful weekend--as is almost any weekend when I get to see the ocean and family members I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment