Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bowling for Soup Concert With Nicholas

July 31, 2011

When we heard that Bowling For Soup was doing a free concert at the park by the mall, Nicholas and I were very excited. We both love their CDs and we knew we didn't want to miss it. It just so happened that that Friday night was my night to pick the restaurant for Family Dinner Night, so I decided we'd have a Kentucky Fried Chicken picnic at the park while listening to the band. Danielle was gone at a birthday party, and Bree was doing a show (Hello Dolly). Doug had to work and was going to join us when he got home, but he was wiped out from his day and ultimately ended up opting out. That was okay, though, because it gave Nicholas and me our own night out together, just the two of us. When you've got more than one kid, those special one-on-one times together can be pretty special.

Miggy in the Morning, local Radio PersonalityValley Cats--A Mostly 80s Cover Band. They were a lot of fun to listen to.
My boy and me

Evan Zee--cool, mellow acoustical singer/musician

The main event, Bowling For Soup. These guys not only rocked it, but they were hilarious as well, and were really gracious about being personal and interactive with the audience. I was already a fan, but I'm an even bigger fan after seeing them perform live.
July 31, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment