Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Long Overdue

August 17, 2011

When I took Bree down to San Diego for her college orientation, we decided to take a detour on the way home to hit the beach with Lisa. Just the three of us--an adult girls' day at the beach. Ah, what a beautiful day! It's been way too long since I've been to the beach, and I can't even remember the last time I went where it wasn't about all the responsibility of running after three kids with sunscreen/beach towels/snacks/whatever-else-they-might-need-at-the-moment. We got to just relax, enjoy the sun, and venture into the (very) cold water for a little bit of wave-jumping. We did all agree, however, that perhaps our picture-taking should be limited to scenic beach shots, and not so much three adult women in their swim suits. You'll just have to trust me that we all looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment