Thursday, December 13, 2012

Birthday Love

December 13, 2012

I spent most of my adult life living carefully, precise and constrained in my movements, my words, and my deeds.  My world was small and studied, even though I knew there was more of me to be discovered and explored.  Finally, when you came along, you made me realize my fences and gates were mine to open.  Learning to stretch and grow and inhabit all of the space that is me has only made me a stronger person not only for myself, but for my kids, and for you.  On today, your birthday, the best possible gift I can give you is to continue to be the best version of myself right alongside you on our journey together, and to hope to give to you all that you have given to me.

Happy birthday, Babe.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment