Sunday, December 2, 2012

I Wish I Could Claim She Gets It From Me

December 2, 2012

Danielle's advanced art teacher handed out pictures of celebrities in class.  The assignment was to cut the photo in half, draw a grid, and then use that to help guide them in drawing the missing half of the face.  I think the grid assignment is a pretty standard one for novice artists; it helps the student break down the finer details as they are trying to match what they are trying to reproduce.  Danielle's celebrity was Kristen Stewart, and when she showed me her finished product, I have to say I was really impressed.  My own artistic abilities don't venture too far beyond the stick figure.  Danielle, on the other hand, definitely has a artist's eye.  I'm really hoping she continues to pursue her talent in this field.


No comments:

Post a Comment