Monday, March 4, 2013

Feeling Stressed

March 4, 2013

Most of the time, I'm pretty willing and able to find the silver lining--I'm a real optimist at heart.  I'm not naive; I know there's bad in the world, and there are mean people and even evil people. There are bad circumstances and unfortunate situations.  Believe me, I'm no stranger to any of those things.  It's just that in general, I choose to focus on the more positive things in life.  It makes my life far more meaningful and fulfilled.  It makes me grateful for the people in my life and the things (and situations) that make my life a really good one in the grand scheme of things.  It's like I'm walking out in the ocean, appreciating the warmth of the sun on my shoulders and face, and taking in the smell of the fresh ocean air, and the beauty and wonder of the world that surrounds me, something like this:

(Okay, in the interest of full disclosure, I don't really look like this in a bikini.  But still, you get the picture.)

But despite the beauty and the grandeur all around me, I'm not completely oblivious to the potential dangers lurking under the surface--dangers that have the ability to pull me under if I'm not careful.  And every once in awhile, they sneak up too close and become impossible to ignore.  Then my beautiful metaphorical soak-up-the-sun day goes from this:


 To this:
I'm having one of those weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment