Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Oooommm

January 7, 2015

You know how some people are sheepish to try new things because they feel they'll stand out for not knowing the protocol?  For being unfamiliar with how things work?  Well, that's one of the main reasons I've never tried yoga--that and the fact that my sis and partner-in-crime lives too far away to make it practical for her to come join me for a yoga class.  (We don't mind being novices together--we have a lot of fun adventures that way.)  However, recently some of the gals from my book club decided it would be fun for us to take yoga together.  Some of them are yoga regulars, or at least were at some time in their lives, and some of us have never done it before.  But the 'we're all in it together' aspect really appeals to me, so I was all in.

I went to my first class tonight with the handful of women who were able to make it work, schedule-wise.  It was the 'Chill' yoga class, which was a lot of stretching and breathing--just what this formerly flexible body needed.  I understand that some of the other classes are a bit harder, so I'm glad I started with this one, but I don't think I'm averse to trying out those other ones either.  I have a pass for ten sessions/classes, and I'm already thinking I'll probably add more classes when I've used all of mine.  These friends of mine were just the impetus I needed to try out something new!


1 comment:

  1. ...good for you... I have never been flexible and I am doing home yoga from a book..!

    ReplyDelete