Sunday, September 4, 2016

Not How We Thought Our Sunday Would Go

September 4, 2016

Bree stayed over at Nicole's house last night, and this morning I got a call from her.  She was distressed and upset, and told me that she had discovered her car had been broken into and her purse and wallet had been stolen.  We spent the afternoon getting her window fixed (no small feat on a three day holiday weekend), and she had to begin the irksome, frustrating, and tedious process of cancelling credit cards and notifying banks. It was heartbreaking to see her have to go through all of that, but to be honest I'm glad it happened here instead of back in Los Angeles, because her dad and I were here to help support her through the process.  Here's my take away from the situation:

To the person who stole my daughter's wallet and smashed her window: maybe you're a terrible person, maybe you're in desperate need. I don't know. But despite having to jump through all the hoops we weren't planning to this Sunday, my daughter is fine, and I still believe that most people are good. You can't steal that.

No comments:

Post a Comment