Friday, July 24, 2020

Line of Demarcation

July 24, 2020

Today marks the anniversary of
the line in the sand...
The line dividing Before and After
The line between Not Knowing and Knowing
The line crossing from Trust to Betrayal
The line dividing Perception and Reality
The line marking the chasm between
Happily Ever After and a Sudden, Unexpected Future,
Between Looking Back at the life we built,
and Looking Forward to a completely different landscape
And even though we have moved on to find new happiness
and there is no desire to walk backward on the path,
Today marks the memory of the line of demarcation
where our story became two stories,
diverging into separate lines of his and hers
instead of ours.
And just because I have peace,
and just because I wish him peace as well,
does not make the scar tissue any less tender
or indelible.

And it will never, ever be an easy day.

2 comments:

  1. This! Thank you for putting these tender, tough feelings into words. You beautifully explain what I was unable to for almost a decade. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tingles and goosebumps run up and down my arms. Drawing me into my own endings and beginnings I feel your words deeply.

    You are one of the first bloggers to my site way back on 2010. I've been absent a while, posted today... and then saw your post in my Blog Roll. Must have been meant for me to see.

    I'm sending hugs, and lots of joy and happiness as you head forward in you life.

    With smiles, Jenny

    ReplyDelete