Monday, May 11, 2009

It was a Happy Momma's Day for Me



It was a Happy Momma's Day for Me
May 11, 2009

The kids are usually at their dad's on Sundays, but since it was Mother's Day, they got to spend the afternoon with me. (This is a great improvement over the first Mother's Day after our split, when he was surprised that I asked to have them on that afternoon. "But it's Mother's Day!" he said. "We're planning to have dinner for my mom, so I thought the kids would want to be here." Ummm....yeah. "But it's Mother's Day, so I thought they would spend their day WITH THEIR MOTHER." "Oh," he said. I didn't even think about that." Right. And that's why you live in one house and I live in another now.) But I digress....

He's a good guy, my ex, and when I remind him of things like that, he's pretty flexible. So the kids came over, and they came bearing gifts. Mostly, they were of the hand-made variety, which I love. God bless the elementary teachers who love to craft things with their kids to send home for the various ocassions during the school year. I keep ALL of that stuff. They also brought me a beautiful ring that has a stone to represent each one of them. My hubby took us all out to lunch at our favorite restaurant (DiCicco's), and then we strolled around downtown Clovis for awhile, window shopping and leisurely chatting. It was a beautiful day for it, too--not too hot, not too windy. Sometimes I just wish I could freeze those pieces of time and hold onto them. I am amazed sometimes at what a lucky mama I really am.

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day to you!! I'm glad your day was joyous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice mother's day with your kids.
    Love the drawing! and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I LOVE the hand-made gifts! Absolutely the best. Glad you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day!

    (Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! : )

    ReplyDelete