Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Survey 2009

December 19, 2009

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mostly wrapping paper under the tree, but gifts-on-the-go are often in gift bags.


2. Real tree or Artificial?
There’s nothing like the smell of a real tree--it’s such an evocative fragrance. Douglas firs are my favorite.

3. When do you put up the tree?
We got a late start this year, but usually we do it the weekend after Thanksgiving vacation.

4. When do you take the tree down?
I usually take it down a few days after New Year’s. We can even do a week after. I just love keeping the holiday spirit around as long as possible.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I’m pretty sure I used to like eggnog, but now there’s something about the texture that just doesn’t work for me.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I think my favorite childhood gift was my Baby Chrissy doll. My grandma and grandpa gave it to me when I was probably in 3rd grade. I still have it.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
Honestly, the person it’s hardest to find a gift for depends on the year. This year Nicholas is the tough one, because I’m trying to find something more meaningful than just the video games he wants.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Again, it depends on the year. This year, Bree is the easiest.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, on my mantle.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I still like to mail cards out, though I haven’t done a great job in the past couple of years. It looks like I’ll get mine out on Monday, though, this year, so most of them should get there by Christmas.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I honestly can’t remember the worst Christmas gift.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Depending on my mood, my favorite full-length Christmas movie is It’s a Wonderful Life or Scrooged.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I actually keep my eye out all year for things I think my family or friends might enjoy.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I think I have recycled a Christmas present, if it’s something I already had and I thought someone else might enjoy one, too.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
I like fudge and See’s Truffles. I also love Christmas ham--yum!

16. Lights on the tree?
White twinkly lights on the tree are beautiful.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I have several favorite Christmas songs--”Little Drummer Boy,” “Go Tell it on the Mountain,” and “Carol of the Bells” are just some of them.

18 . Travel at Christmas?
For several years, we traveled to Lisa’s, but for the past couple of years, Lisa has come here.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Obviously.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We open on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Grinchy-spirited people.

23. Favorite ornament?
I adore the ornaments my kids have made me over the years.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Christmas ham is the best! I also love it when we know someone who can make tamales. I can’t make ‘em, but I love them.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I would love a new camera--a really good one--but it’s probably not in the budget. Ah, and something else too. Mostly, though, I want my kids to be happy and enjoy the giving more than they enjoy the getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment