Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Little of This, A Little of That

March 3, 2010

I'm feeling some love over here on my blog this week. I received this "You're Going Places, Baby" award from Valerie over at Next to Heaven, which is very cool. Thanks, Valerie! I love Valerie's blog, because she has such a positive outlook--it always makes me smile to read her posts. Head over there and check it out, if you're not already a regular reader.
To pay it forward, I'm supposed to post where I'd like to be in 10 years and then award this to ten other bloggers who are Goin' Places.

So where do I see myself in 10 years? Weird to say, but in another 10 years I could see myself looking forward to my first grandchild from the oldest and college graduation from the youngest. I would love to see all three of my kids happy, healthy, and settling into careers that they love. I see myself still working at my current school, maybe having had a thing or two published on the side. Most of all, I see myself still crazy in love with the man by my side, spending our summers traveling and enjoying adventurous road trips.

Below you'll find links to some on-line friends I love to 'visit' on a regular basis. Check out the following blogs, which are definitely destined for bright futures:





Christy at Cakerwakers


JennyKate at JennyKate's Spot



While I'm on the subject of blog love, let me tell you how excited I am about having stumbled onto Brainella the Librarian's blog. I found her by blog-hopping, as I am occasionally known to do. I love her blog, and found that we have a lot in common. And the bonus? She happened to be doing a giveaway when I found her, and on a whim, I entered. Now I know people say, "I never win anything!" all the time, but seriously, I NEVER do. But I DID! And this wasn't just any giveaway--it was a bonanza, as you can see below. It felt like Christmas in March when this package arrived on my doorstop yesterday! Thank you so much for such a great giveaway, Julia--you made my day: ) If you get a chance to stop by and check out her blog, too.

In other news, this is a crazy week for me. So much so that I really shouldn't be taking the time to write this, but I am skilled in the ways of procrastination, so here I am. It's the end of a grading period for me, so I've got papers to grade and enter and stressed out parents and students. Bigwigs from the School Accreditation team are scoping out our campus early next week, so we've got to make sure our classrooms are spiffy and sparkly for our guests, we've got to be dramatic and entertaining and terribly insightful when they step into our worlds for a five minute snapshot that will tell them everything they need to know about education at our school, and we are to make ourselves available for additional meetings both before and after school. Oh yeah--we're supposed to wear our badges, too. (Now where did I put my badge? Seriously. I hate wearing a nametag around my neck that says "If found, please return to CUSD District Office at such and such address. As if someone might find ME, cold and lifeless, or wandering around aimlessly, babbling incoherently, and return me safe and sound to my home at the district office. I know they're really just talking about finding the tag, but still. It's so Big Brother-sounding.)


We are also in crunch time for Nicholas' History Day project, and both girls have stepped up their drama rehearsal schedules, since we are nearing production dates. Danielle also has softball practice (when she doesn't get rained out), which adds to the taxi schedule. Oh--and a birthday party this Saturday (for which I have yet to get a present), and a package to mail out that should have gone out, oh, say, two months ago.


On top of that, this weekend is the Academy Awards, so we're gearing up for our annual Oscar party. I'm really looking forward to that, but I'd be even more excited if some cleaning fairy were to show up and make the house more presentable before Sunday. I'm not holding my breath, though, so I've got to add housecleaning to my list of things to do.


Not that I'm complaining, though. I think I just needed to take a minute to detail what all I needed to do, so that I could prioritize. Thinking out loud, as it were. I'm good now, and I've got to go. I've got things to do!

3 comments:

  1. Your ten year forecast sounds like perfection. You have a lot of wonderful things to look forward to.

    Hope your Oscar party is a blast. I think it will be interesting to see who ends up with the awards-- it's kind of all over the place this year. I'll be watching.

    Enjoy,
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, m'dear! I would like to complain that my life is busy too and that's why I've been so absent lately. But, damn woman! You put my "I'm busy" claim to shame!

    Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hate all those observations, where everything needs to be PERFECT. Gah. I certainly don't miss that part of teaching.

    ReplyDelete