Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Lovely Roof Over Our Heads

February 28, 2012

When I bought my house several years ago, it was already pretty old. The house was mostly in good shape, but I knew that the roof wouldn't last forever. Over the past three years or so, the roof started giving me oh-so-subtle hints that it was ready to give up on its primary purpose in life. Every time a storm blew through, I prayed that the roof would hold. Mostly, it did. However, there were three spots in the ceiling inside the house that showed just how ineffective our roof was becoming--one in the girls' room, one in the study, and one in the dining room. Eventually, we couldn't ignore it anymore, as the ceiling in the study began to bubble and fall apart in strips. It was time to fix the outside roof that was causing water to leak in and cause the water damage to the inside. Now that the roof is fixed, I can't even express what a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Thank goodness we had such a mild winter that there weren't a lot of stormy days, but now...bring on the rain!

The ceiling in the study, pre-repair. I'd put up an 'after' picture, but it would just look like a plain white ceiling. Not much to see, which as far as I'm concerned, is what a ceiling is supposed to look like.


Pictures from inside the garage as they stripped off the old roof.

Project complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment