Friday, March 9, 2012

Sacramento

March 9, 2012

It's one of my favorite times of the year. It's the CAHSEE Item Review Sessions in Sacramento! No, seriously--it's really something I look forward to every year. Admittedly, it's a bit of a niche market; not everyone would volunteer their time to spend three days at a stretch sitting around a table and fine-tuning and debating word choice on standardized tests with fellow educators. Not everyone would, but honestly, I get re-energized and excited every time I get to participate in this process. It's a bunch of English teacher geeks just like me spending our days focusing on syntax and semantics, in the context of developing a test that is fair and accessible to all of our students across the state of California. What's not to love? I have met some really fantastic, dedicated, caring, and passionate teachers at these sessions over the past several years, and I look forward to the truly collaborative process. And this is only one of two sessions I get to attend this year!

I just love how the television in my room welcomes me by name. This is The Citizen Hotel in Sacramento, very close to the Capitol Building. It's a beautiful hotel!
My view from the hotel room at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment