Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth!

July 4, 2012

This is the first time I haven't had all of my babies with me to celebrate the Fourth of July.  Nicholas is off visiting Uncle Scott and his family, so only the girls were here this year, and I have to admit that it was a little weird.  A preview, I suppose, of the empty nest years looming in my future.

We still had a fun celebration, continuing our tradition of creating a fireworks display in the street outside our home.  We invited our friend Jen and her son Zach to come join us for swimming, bar-b-que, and the light show.  We loved having them with us; Zach is such a darling boy, and of course we love Jen! Friends and family together--that's the best way I can think of to celebrate the freedom we enjoy and commemorate each July.









No comments:

Post a Comment