Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Been a Long Monday

August 26, 2013

Survived the first crisis of the year.

 One of the coolest things about my job is that it's never the same job on any given day--I work with 180 kids every day, not to mention all the adults in my work world.  My job isn't about columns and numbers and widgets and boxes to check; it's about people--personalities, emotions multiple intelligences, problems, triumphs, heartaches, and celebrations.  So every single day is a convergence of all of these lives, running parallel, or intersecting, or glancing off of one another, creating unique and singular experiences among all of those people minute after minute and hour after hour.  In some small piece of each day, my collection of experiences from the day interact with each of my students' collections of experiences.  How fascinating to think how even a very small change in the trajectory of any of those paths changes the rest of the path for the day.

Anyway, one of the intersections today was a tough one, but I'm glad I was there and could do my small part to help.  I feel like that's where I was supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment