Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Weekend in Pictures

October 18, 2009

We kicked off our weekend with the annual Garfield carnival, which is something the kids and I look forward to all year. The ladies of the PTC, as always, did a fabulous job putting on the carnival--countless hours and tireless effort by the carnival committee and all the volunteers helped make this year's event one to remember. The kids all had friends they met up with to dance, play games with, and of course, to eat with. Miss Yamaichi's teriyaki chicken bowls were a big hit, as always, and all of the kids flocked to the Cake Walk. My daughters, Bree especially, have amazing luck every year at the Cake Walk. This year was no exception, as they both ended up with two tasty baked goods to bring home (like I needed to bring two cakes, a platter of cookies, and a platter of rice crispy treats into the house!). The event I most look forward to each year, the Silent Auction, had lots of great offerings, but alas, yielded no results for me. (It was still very successful--lots of OTHER people mangaged to take home treasures with their high bids.)

Inexplicably, I did not take pictures of the carnival. I mean, I practically have a camera attached to my body! I guess I just got caught up in the excitement and didn't even think about it. So instead of carnival pictures, I decided to share some pictures we took at home, just for fun.

My beautiful darlings:





My (quite) silly darlings:




The eyes have it:



All huggy and cuddly:





On Saturday, Danielle had a soccer game bright (not really!) and early. We were at the field at 7:30 for an 8 o'clock start time. This was how foggy the field was that early in the morning. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's why the other team scored so many goals: our girls couldn't see the ball coming through the fog. Yeah...I'm pretty sure that was it. Our girls did, however, score their first goal of the season, so we are making progress. The girls are still having fun and working on improving their game, so I'm not worried about whether they win or lose.

Later that evening, we met up with David, Carrie, and Freya, who were in town for a quick weekend visit. We met up at Me 'n Ed's for dinner, and later all the adults ended up out at the Wiffledome for more visiting and a bit of an extended jam session. These are, as I have often said, our extra, adopted, extended family. Spending time with them always fills us with such complete love for these people, and reminds us how blessed we are to call the Krepps, Madarangs, and Claybaughs our dear friends for life.

Shel and Logan:

Jim and me:

My little Miss Freya:

Carrie and me:

David and Jim:

Beautiful Freya:

Jam Session at the Wiffledome:

Me and My Sweetie:

6 comments:

  1. I sometimes leave the camera home, just to enjoy the moment without the pressure of trying to capture it...
    Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the jam session. In Columbus, Ohio - I hear there is a place to go jam with professionals once a week that I might take my boys to. They are both good enough to jam on their saxophones with the jazz group. Very fun.

    The carnival sounds excellent. Nice fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a huge group of happy, family photos. But I want to hear more about this *cake walk*. I've got a thing for baked goods...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The EYES do have it...beautiful. The foggy soccer game looks kind of cool; I love fog. That is weird how it only affected 'your' team. bahaha.

    Everyone who works so hard on the school carnivals deserve an all expense vacations to anywhere they choose. How do you do it?

    btw...I love your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. I just clicked on the blog in your sidebar; Unnecessary Quotes!
    I am so guilty of this habit. You don't even know how many times I wanted to use quotes in these last 2 sentences. Embarrassing. I used them in my previous comment!
    ah...the sad thing is, I know I'm not gonna be able to stop.

    ReplyDelete