Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Diane Mayes Memorial Scholarship

June 2, 2010

Last week was the annual scholarship awards banquet at Clovis High, where we give a scholarship in honor of my mom, who taught there for many years. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend this year's banquet, because my own school was hosting its CSF banquet, which I had already committed to. However, I asked Laverne, our scholarship recipient, to send me a picture so that I could acknowledge her and share her accomplishments here.


This year's Diane Mayes Memorial Yearbook Scholarship recipient, Laverne Huynh Phan, was a member of Clovis High's yearbook staff for all for years of her high school experience, serving as an editor her senior year. Despite her rigorous academic schedule over the years, she maintained a 4.0 GPA. In addition, she has been involved in several service endeavors in her community, including tutoring, food drives, and Tree Fresno.
Laverne hopes to become a pharmacist, and will attend Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Our family congratulates Laverne and wishes her the best of luck in the future!

1 comment:

  1. That must be a great feeling, to have part of your mom's legacy be so wonderful. Congrats to the winner :)

    ReplyDelete