Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sometimes it Helps to Remind Yourself

June 2, 2010

What's making me crazy right now:

--A crazy, cantankerous neighbor who is unhappy with her life, so she wants to complain about everyone else. Right now, I'm her target. It's a moving target, so it'll probably pass, but right now she's annoying the heck out of me!

--Not looking like I'd like to look too close to my reunion. Sigh...

--Rising temperatures, which are sure to make the summer months less than comfortable

--The on-going struggle to accept those things which I cannot change

What's making me happy right now:

--Three healthy, happy kids who are counting down the days til summer (just like their mama)

--Getting the pool fixed after having it out of commission for WAY too long. It's going to make those triple digit heatwaves bearable!

--Doug's job, which looks like will continue for a little while longer before the project is complete

--Getting to go to Disneyland with my sister tomorrow when we chaperone Grad Nite. Yay!

--Having only one kid out of four classes of seniors who didn't pass and who won't be graduating. It's the most frustrating thing to have kids who give up so close to the finish line, so I'm very proud of the few who were on the brink and pulled themselves through.

--The Scripps National Spelling Bee, which is THIS week. Yup, I'm a nerd. I can live with that.

--Finally having my credential renewal complete. Those folks over at the Commission on Teacher Credentialing were taking their sweet time.

--A pretty smooth end-of-the-year wrap-up here at school

--Finding classic books (Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights) for $2.50 each at Target so I can stock reading group books in my classroom.

--My birthday, which is coming up this month

--Having spent time with great friends and family this past weekend. Oh, how I love those people. (You all know who you are.)

--Doug, who is handsome and funny and talented and smart, and who loves me in all my smooshiness for him. Sometimes I still can't believe how lucky I got.


SO, in the balance of things, although I've got some things in my life I could do without, I've got a whole lot more things things to be grateful for and to smile about. It's a pretty good day, after all.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very happy for you; that you have so much to be happy about, but even moreso that you recognize that :)

    Grad night at Disneyland?! Wow! Too bad on the one not graduating. You can lead a horse to water....

    Good luck with the neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good reminders... :-)

    Have a great time at the house of Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that everything is good at your end.. Have a great weekend!!
    romantic Wedding anniversary party ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good reminders. I like that I can count on you to remind me of the positives! When is your B-day again? Three out of our four person family has birthdays this month - including me! I feel like we may have touched on this before...but can't remember.

    ReplyDelete