Sunday, October 24, 2010

Meeting Miss Zoe

October 24, 2010

When my great-niece Zoe was born on Thursday, I was just dying to meet her. Unfortunately, with soccer and drama practice, the elementary school carnival, two soccer games, and a robotics meeting over the course of the first three days of her life, I had to bide my time. Sunday came finally, with nothing on the agenda and nowhere else I needed to be. I needed to see that baby! Courtney and the baby had been released from the hospital earlier in the day, so we drove out to their house to meet the newest addition to the family.
John-John, proud big brother, was playing his hand-made guitar fashioned from Legos, serenading his sister with an improptu song: "I love my sister; she's the best little girl in the world. I love that baby; she's the perfect one I love." Oh my gosh, how adorable is that?
I was loving watching Uncle Doug hold Miss Zoe. He was so sweet with her!

John-John and Daddy Justin

Sweet dreams, Zoe: )

No comments:

Post a Comment