Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Little Man Will Always Be My Little Boy, Even When He's Bigger Than Me

November 22, 2011

Hard to believe that this little guy....


...has turned into this guy.
As you turn 15 today, let me just remind you of just some of the things that make me love you so much:

You are fiercely intelligent, have a curious mind, and have the confidence to be your own person and not follow the crowd. The knowledge you have in your head is sometimes completely random and often really impressive. You're a loyal friend and have a kind and generous heart. You're genuine and affectionate with all of those you care about. I love that you hold doors open for family, friends, and strangers alike, and always shake your coaches' hands in thanks after each practice and game. It makes me proud to hear how polite and respectful you are to parents and siblings of your friends. I most especially love that at fifteen years old, you haven't outgrown hearing your mama tell you she loves you.

There are, of course, a million other reasons, but most of all, what I love most about you is you're my boy.

And no matter how old you are, how tall you get, how deep your voice becomes, you will always be my little boy, and you will always be my favorite boy in the whole wide world. Happy birthday, Sweet Pea-I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment