Thursday, November 24, 2011

WarHammer Overload

November 24, 2011

I went to one of Nicholas' favorite stores, Hobby Town, to find something to get him for his birthday. I know he likes the game WarHammer, so I thought, "Hey, I'll just get him a WarHammer thingie-I'm sure they have a couple to choose from-- and he'll love it!" So I got to Hobby Town, and I found a whole aisle devoted to this game--different creatures and hordes and armies. All manner of WarHammer-y stuff. It was daunting, let me tell you! I had no idea which one was a good guy or a bad guy, or which one was supposed to be allied with which other one, or which characters/creatures/beings were the strong ones. Were there any that, if opened as the grand birthday present, would make him say, "Mom, why would you get these guys? These are the underling serfs with no power at all! I'll be the laughingstock of all my friends!" (I don't know if they actually say these things when contemplating which WarHammer figure is the must-have, go-to creature. They might.) Luckily, I happen to have the phone numbers of two of his close buddies, so I texted them with my dilemma. His buddy Robbie came through in the clutch, and directed me through the hordes of armies to the right one. When Nicholas opened up his gifts on his birthday, I knew we had made the right call. Right now I don't have the foggiest idea what it was called, but I know it wasn't the underling serf, so that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment