Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas to Us

December 29, 2011


The best part of Christmas is the morning, with my beautiful children and my wonderful hubby and me, all together, just us. This year was especially meaningful, since it brought Bree home to us after a semester away at college. The kids were sweet and goofy and silly with each other, which is one of my favorite things to see. These are the times I'm so proud of the good-hearted, wonderful people I've had the privilege to raise. And you know what? I'm proud of myself, too, for being one of the guiding influences that helped them become who they are.



Danielle has grown a little this year. Her hat might be just a little too small...
Danielle was very excited to finally get an iPod touch.
Bree is going to host all kinds of viewing parties in her room, now that she has her very own t.v. to take to the dorm.
One of the biggest surprises under the tree was Nicholas' official Belegarth sword and sheild. I think Doug was as excited to have him unwrap it as Nicholas was to pull it out of the box.
Doug got tickets for the upcoming Joe Bonamassa tickets from me. It's hard to surprise him, but I did it--he had no idea his favorite guitarist was coming to Fresno!

Mom's greatest gift? Happiness. See my smile? (By the way, Doug also got me a Kindle Fire and a Webcam so I can Skype with Bree. Those were also pretty spectacular gifts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment