Sunday, January 29, 2012

While I'm Spilling My Guilty Pleasures...

January 29, 2012

Several years ago, I absolutely fell in love with a product called Jif's Chocolate Silk Supreme, It was heavenly, seriously. If you never had an opportunity to try it, I feel bad for you. Some likened it to Nutella, but Nutella doesn't even come close. Apparently, it didn't do well in the test markets, though (Fresno being one of those test markets), because a few years ago they discontinued it. Oh, I was so sad! As suddenly as it appeared, it was gone. There were petitions to bring it back, and whole discussion threads by devoted and disappointed consumers, but to no avail.

Until....

I was at the grocery store this week, and saw the individual snack cup version. (As yet, I haven't seen the jar form, which is how I used to buy it.) Immediately, I snatched up a few. I may or may not have gone back later in the week for more. I'm torn, actually, between urging everyone to storm the stores and buy the product, so that Jif will know we appreciate having it back, and urging you all NOT to go out and buy it, so that it will still be there when I'm ready to head back to the store for more.

All I can say is that between this and Girl Scout cookie time, it's a good thing I've decided to hit the gym on a regular basis. I think I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment