Saturday, September 15, 2012

All the Way Across the Big Pond

September 15, 2012

A former student from about ten years ago has been living in London with her husband for the past five years.  This weekend she came home for a visit with her family, and she organized a little get-together with some of her friends and former teachers.  I have kept up-to-date with Erin via Facebook over the past few years, but it was wonderful to catch up with her in person.  There are a lot of people who bemoan the oversharing and seeming superficiality of Facebook, but I love it for the ability it gives me as a teacher to see where all of my wonderful and talented students have gone once they leave high school.  Even better, I love that it occasionally allows me to meet up with them and connect with them as adults.

Me, with Erin, Karen Boone, and Heather (another former student--good friend of Erin)


No comments:

Post a Comment