Monday, September 17, 2012

Back To School Night

September 17, 2012

This is one of the days of the year I dread the most:  Back To School Night.  This is when I spend two hours talking to a group of adults and trying to make it seem like I feel like this:

 When in fact, I actually feel like this:

Anybody who knows me knows how much I dread public speaking.  One of the great dichotomies of my life, since I love to talk in general, and I stand in front of students all day long talking.  Speaking in front of a whole group of adults--especially ones I don't really know--is a whole other ball of wax.  In the early days of Back to School Nights I used to be literally sick to my stomach for the entire weekend beforehand.  Now I can manage the evening without Pepto Bismol, so I guess that's progress. 

1 comment:

  1. So right there with you. I hate talking to large groups of adults in a presentation sort of me. Sit me down in a large meeting, no problem. It's so weird, eh?
    Hope your night goes well!

    ReplyDelete