Saturday, January 9, 2021

Much Needed Respite

January 9, 2021

It's been an exhausting week.  The pandemic continues to ramp up, and there was an attack on our country's capitol.  In addition, I started back to work this week (although the students are still zooming in from home), so that also meant a mental and emotional shift.  We got word Friday that our students' return to the physical classroom will be postponed for yet another two weeks, something many of our district's parents will be vocally opposed to as well.  Everything seems to be so contentious, so fraught with stress and anxiety.  I am so thankful that after many years of absolutely detesting my master bathroom, I have finally moved into a place where I can find my zen--my escape--in the form of a beautiful candle-lit bubble bath, accompanied by a lovely fireplace.  Sometimes you just have to get away, you know?  And even during this seemingly never-ending pandemic where we can't actually get away, a mental escape is the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment