Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Take a Walk

January 12, 2021

I know, I know...it's cliché to make New Year's resolutions about weight and fitness.  I don't care.  The gyms have been closed for months, and even when they opened briefly, my gym only opened limited hours.  When I joined Planet Fitness a couple of years ago, I did so because they were open 24 hours, so if I wanted to go to the gym at 10 or 11 at night, I could.  As a matter of fact, Danielle and I often went at midnight during the summertime, because that just works for me.  So..no late hours meant no gym for me.  And being at home and not nearly as active or on-the-go for the past several months due to Covid led to me becoming a little, you know, squishier.  I decided to treat myself to something I've wanted for a long time--a treadmill.  I got a good deal on it, it was pretty easy for me assemble, and my guest room/office is an excellent home for it.  Now I can walk as late as I want, even if it's too hot or too cold or too rainy outside, and I can watch shows, talk on the phone, or listen to audio books while being physically active.  So far, I am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment