Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter to Us

April 8, 2012


Even though the kids are 13 and 15, the Easter Bunny still stopped by our house on Easter to deliver chocolatey goodness and jelly beans. As a matter of fact, E.B. even left a little basket for me to pack up and ship off to college for Brianna. For Easter lunch, we all went over to Lisa's house to celebrate with the Smith side of the family. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and just perfect for hiding Easter eggs. I thought Danielle and Nicholas might want to hide eggs for Jonathan and Zoe, but the look of disappointment on their faces told me they weren't ready to move to the grown-up side of the egg hunt yet. Sometimes, even when they're 'old and mature,' they still want us to see the kid inside. Besides I'm not sure I was ready to let go of the tradition for my kids yet, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment