Monday, February 28, 2011

Same Place, Same Time, New Additions to the Group

February 28, 2011

The karaoke party just keeps getting bigger and better each week at Thai Fusion. Who'd have thought that would be how we'd end up spending most of our Saturday nights? And yet, every time we go, it's such a great time we can't wait to go back. Even better, we keep adding to the group, so it's always new and different, even though it's the same. Last week, our good friend Brady was in town, and he invited his friend Danette to join us. Danette and I went to high school together, but she and my sister knew each other far better than I did. As usual, we had a fantastic time. This past weekend, she came back and brought her husband and a whole host of their friends, and we all ended up singing and dancing the night away like we were old friends, too. (Some of us, actually, are old friends. Danette's husband Brent was one of the first people I ever met when I moved here to Clovis in the 4th grade. He was in my class, and he was super-sweet even then. I had a pretty serious 4th grade girly crush on him at the time.)

The original gang--Me, Doug, Jim
Brent and Me

The Clovis High Gang--Jim, Rosa, Doug, Danette, and MeDanette and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment