Saturday, March 17, 2012

Robotics Competition for Nicholas

March 17, 2012

After Day One of the regional robotics competition at Davis, Nicholas' team is 7-0 in team matches, and ranked #1 of 50 teams. The Buchanan Bird Brains are reaping the benefits of the months of daily hard work they put into this robot. I spoke to Nicholas the night before the competition, after a long day of set up and practice, and he was in fantastic spirits. He sounded like he was having a great time. I'm a little bummed that I wasn't able to take time off to chaperone, but I also love that Nicholas is getting a little taste of independence on this trip (surrounded by older students I trust, of course--the seniors on this team are such a great group of kids!). I'm looking forward to hearing how the kids and the robot perform at the finals of the competition today.

No comments:

Post a Comment