Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

 May 13, 2012

For Mother's Day, I picked the kids up from their dad's and they took me out to a restaurant of my choice.  I chose a Chinese Restaurant nearby, and we sat down to a delicious meal.  Even though the bill was probably a bit more than either anticipated, they wouldn't accept any help from me to pay for it.  They also gave me flowers and some of my favorite lotions from Bath and Body Works.  Danielle had also asked Doug to take her shopping the previous day to pick out some flowers we could grow together in our garden.  She and I have been having a lot of fun working together on our little project.

I missed not having Bree with me this year--the first ever Mother's Day that I haven't spent with her.  However, it so happened that Lisa was down near her in San Diego, so she stopped off with the girls to meet up with Bree for lunch.  In addition, Bree's step-mom Laurie was also down in San Diego visiting all of the girls, so she had gotten to see her, too.  If she couldn't spend Mother's Day with me, then at least she got to spend the day with her two 'extra' moms.    It's the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment