Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What Have I Done?

May 2, 2012

I just signed myself and my daughter up for the Color Me Rad run in Fresno.  It's not happening until late September, so I'll have lots of time to contemplate the rainbow-hued condition I'll find myself in when the race is done.  Race is a bit of an exaggeration, by the way; we'll not likely set any records or anything.  I'm amazed at myself for seeking out this particular kind of event, because I generally can't stand to have anything thrown at my face, even if it is in beautiful rainbow form.  But Danielle has really been wanting to do a Walk/Run of some sort, and although running is not my cup of tea, having a cool thing to bond with her over IS my cup of tea, and perhaps having all that color around will distract me from the fact that I'm doing a 5K race.  Actually, I'm only kidding in sounding as averse as I do to this Color Me Rad run; I think it's really going to be pretty fun, and something Danielle and I will have to share forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment