Monday, January 1, 2024

2024, Here I Come

January 1, 2024 

 
Six years ago, I had no idea that there was already set in motion a series of actions that would completely alter the the trajectory of my life. Ultimately, when everything came to light I was faced with a future I couldn't begin to fathom, so clearly and wholeheartedly had I envisioned the years ahead which shattered into unrecognizable and irrecoverable fragments. It sounds dramatic. It was dramatic. But at this time six years ago, I had no idea what was coming. Since that time, much has passed--personally as well as globally. In addition to gradually reimagining what the future could hold, we as a society endured the pandemic, which also changed the landscape of what all of us thought our world could look like. Together we weathered that unfathomable storm as well, and came out the other side a little worn, a little wiser, a little changed. But okay, as it turns out. Many of us came out stronger, more resilient. We had the opportunity to reconsider priorities and shifted our perspectives. We allowed ourselves, eventually, to see our way to a better future. This is where I find myself personally now, as well. Having had to re-examine everything I believed my future would hold, I realized that my future still holds the core of what I believed it would have. The shape of it is different; when I imagined my future I imagined very specific details which no longer hold true. But the path still holds love, truth, acceptance, and beauty. I came out of my own personal storm a little worn, a little wiser, a little changed. But I also came out of it knowing that I deserved the future that held love, truth, acceptance, and beauty. And seeking it, I have found it. And the life ahead of me is one I look forward to more than I ever have. On the other side, I am more than okay, and my future ahead is better than I dreamed it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment