Sunday, January 14, 2024

Leslie Leaves

January 14
For the past several weeks, Brianna and Leslie have been staying with me while Bree had the opportunity to work remotely. Of course I was thrilled with the idea of getting to have Bree with me, but I had my reservations about Leslie. She is the happiest, friendliest little dog, but also pretty needy and occasionally anxious and nervous. And the hair! Let me tell you, one thing I have not missed about having a pet of my own is the hair everywhere. (Truth be told, I shed hair constantly. There is hair at my house. But at least I know it's mine when I'm living alone and I only have myself to blame for it.) But Leslie? That sweet puppy is a hair-making factory! Once she got here, though, she just endeared herself to me even more than she normally does. She's a cuddler and super playful, and I enjoyed having her here more than I knew I would. She mostly had the run of the house, but my room was my oasis, so at least I could have one space that was (mostly) pet hair-free. That was enough of a boundary for me. Leslie and I bonded quite a bit on her visit--she loves me and I love her. Today, as her mom wraps up her time her with me, so does Leslie. She has her own personal driver to take her back to Seattle--Leslie doesn't do well with flying, so she will not be airport-bound like her mom. This is our goodbye-for-now, but I will definitely miss her sweet happy greeting at the end of my workday each day. It's going to be an adjustment for me for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment