Friday, January 12, 2024

Friday

January 12, 2024 We went back to school this week after two weeks off. I actually love the first week back in January because I spend time with my students reconnecting and reestablishing community, as well as giving them a workshop on goal-setting, which many of them find really useful, since it focuses on something much more concrete than the 'goals' most people usually create. (For example, instead of saying I want to eat healthier, which is vague and general, saying for the month of January, I want to eat at fast food restaurants only twice a week.) They actually always tell me this whole lesson I give them on goal-setting is really beneficial, plus it's a pretty engaging and low-stakes way to ease back into our school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment