Thursday, March 3, 2022

A Little Restored Faith

March 3, 2022 Last week I wrote about how disheartened I was when I had students choose to disregard my request that they wear masks in my class, at least until the mandate was lifted. Today in class my students were working on drafting a research paper, and kids could get my individual attention if there were questions or confusions as they worked. I noticed one of my students who had chosen last week not to wear a mask, looking around the room. I didn't have a chance to ask him what he needed before his eyes landed on what he was looking for--the extra stack of masks in my classroom. He walked over to the table where I keep them, and he donned his before approaching my desk to ask his question about citations for his paper. It definitely restored my faith a little that he was thoughtful enough to put one on before approaching me, even if he doesn't wear one while sitting at his desk. I know he was listening when I made my request last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment