Friday, March 4, 2022

A Solo Trip to San Simeon

March 4, 2022
I booked a campsite at the San Simeon State Campground for this weekend, and set out on my first solo van-camping endeavor. The van that Danielle and I invested in is well set up for a solo or duo camping trip--quite roomy and comfortable for one, in fact. Lisa and I have used the van for an overnight trip before, and not long ago Danielle and I did, but this was my first time on my own. There were plenty of people around me who were properly tent-camping at the site, but my goodness I would have frozen my tail off if I had done that. Even cozied up with two sleeping bags and a giant sweater-blanket, shut inside my turned down bed in my van, I was a little chilly. That being said, it is lovely being able to gaze out the window and see all the crystal-clear, beautiful stars, and to hear the crashing of the surf just a little ways off in the distance. Not a bad way to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment