Monday, May 16, 2011

Garfield PTC

May 16, 2011

Hard to believe, but my stint as a Board Member of Garfield's Parent-Teacher Club is coming to an end. I have been a part of this organization for the past several years--since my oldest (who is now graduating) was in 1st grade. I have served a few different positions over the years, ones that I felt I could take on as a working mom. I have been Historian, Parlimentarian, and Past Board Member each at least a couple of times, rotating every two years. Each of these positions allowed me to continue working with this group of women who are motivated and dedicated to supporting our school and our children in every way possible. Along the way, I have made good friends and gained real respect for the hours and hours these women pour into volunteering on behalf of the Garfield teachers and kids.

Some of this year's PTC Board: Krysty, Tammi, Jenn, Stacy, me, Teri, Kim, and Principal Jessica Mele

No comments:

Post a Comment