Wednesday, May 4, 2011

New Neighbors?

May 4, 2011

Last week we drove home from school and were greeted by this circus tent covering the house next door to us.

These pest control tents aren't terribly uncommon in some places, but around here they're kind of an unusual site. The house next door to us has been vacant and for sale for some time now, so this was the first activity that we'd really seen in awhile. When we we first saw it, Nicholas and I giggled a little bit about the circus next door, but Danielle got a little quiet and looked a bit crestfallen. Nicholas asked me how long the tent was going to be us, just as a matter of curiosity, and I told him although I didn't really know, my guess would be a couple of days. Suddenly, Danielle brightened up. "You mean it's not going to stay there? Is it a business?" Poor kid thought a pest control business was setting up shop next door to us permanently. No wonder she wasn't happy--I wouldn't be either!

No comments:

Post a Comment