Monday, June 18, 2012

Sometimes Breaking Records Is Not a Good Thing

June 18 2012

On Sunday we knew it was going to be hot, but it turned out to be record-breaking.  We hit a high of 109 in Fresno.  The previous record from this day is history was 107, set in 1917.  All I can say is--knock on wood--our air conditioning is working this summer.  I'm going to have to run all my grocery shopping errands at two o'clock in the morning, just so I can unload my car when it's only 100 degrees outside.  I think during the summer months, more places should be closed in the heat of the day, and should open over night.  That way we could all cocoon up in our houses and not have to venture out when walking outside has us running the risk of cooking our brains in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment