Monday, June 4, 2012

Cedar Lanes Closing Party

June 4, 2012

Cedar Lanes Bowling Alley officially shut its doors on June 3, 2012, another victim of the downturn in the economy.  It's a piece of Fresno history that's going to fade into the past.  This place is across the street from my dad's old house, and we spent a lot of time over there during the weekends we visited my dad back when I was in high school.  In addition, both my dad, mom, and brother were pretty seriously into bowling at various times in their lives, and I got to spend time there watching them dominate the lanes.  Not only is this place part of Fresno's history, it's part of mine.

Because of this, I was really thankful to be invited to the closing party that was held the day after the last day bowling was open to the public.  Our friend Dave is a member of Outatime, the band that was slated to rock the house for the after party, and we were invited along as guests.  As always, Dave's band was fantastic, and we got to spend a great evening hanging out with friends and celebrating a landmark during its swan song.
Jennifer with Doug and with me
Rosa and Ish
Outatime, 80's Cover Band


Lisa, singing with the band

No comments:

Post a Comment