Sunday, January 23, 2022

Bad Dreams are the Worst

 January 23, 2022



Last night I had a terrible dream.  Like, a really horrific one. Sometimes I have a pretty incredible imagination in my dreams, and this one was particularly vivid.  I don't want to go into all the details here because I didn't want to experience it the first time, let alone retell it.  I will say, though that it was a dream where all three of my kids were in danger, and I had to reach out to each one of them immediately when I woke up just to make sure they were okay.  Sometimes when I have particularly bad dreams, it takes awhile to shake the feeling of dread or anxiety, and that was certainly true today.  Even after I had heard from all three of the kids, I had a lingering sense of stress, even though I did feel better.  Fortunately, I have a couple of friends who were able to talk me down too, which helped.  For tonight, I would like to pre-order sunshine and rainbows and perhaps an exuberant puppy or two for my dreams.  I want to wake up to a Monday with a smile on my face and a peaceful soul.  I think I deserve it after last night's dream.

(Side note--Why did I Google an image for 'nightmare' right before I went to bed?  Not my smartest move.)

No comments:

Post a Comment