Saturday, January 8, 2022

Omicron At Home

 January 8, 2022

Yesterday I wrote about how many of my students are out at school due to the rampant variant.  Guess what?  This week I will join their ranks.  My son is staying with me for a couple of weeks before his new job starts, and yesterday he started feeling under the weather.  Today I had him take an at-home test, and he tested positive. Fortunately, because he is vaccinated (we both are) his symptoms are totally knocking him for a loop.  Because the CDC has recently changed their guidelines (and because different work places apparently interpret and/or implement them), I had to check in with both my high school and my college to clarify the protocols.  Turns out I am not able to go to either campus until Friday.  While I am thankful that everyone is taking protocols seriously, this is especially bad timing because tomorrow is the first day of the semester at the college--and I can't be there.  At least I'm not feeling sick while I am putting together all the lesson plans....

No comments:

Post a Comment